Contact a Galati Yacht Sales Professional Specialist For More Information On this Yacht
As A Sabre Dealer, I See All Kinds Of Boats Offered For Resale And Trade. Makai Is A One Of A Kind! The Interior Condition, Is Like Show Room Quality. The Owner Has Made Great Effort To Maintain The Boat At A Level Of Excellence. He Made Custom, Black Out Window Covers, Which Keeps The Heat Out, As Well As Preserves The Natural Color Of The Wood And Upholstery. The Upholstery Look As If It Was Never Used! The Exterior Seat Cushions Are In Pristine Condition, And Have Been Stored Indoors, And Climate Control To Maintain Their Integrity.
The Engine Room Is Very Well Maintained. All Engine And Generator Fluids, Filters, Impellers And Zincs Have Been Serviced October Of 2020, So The Boat Is Literally Turn Key, And Ready For The Season. The Genset Has 550 Hours, And In Addition To Service, A New Raw Water Pump Has Been Installed. The Fixed Fire Suppression System Has Been Inspected Recently, And All Systems Have Been Check, For A Smooth Survey.
If You Are Familiar With The Sabre 40 Sedan, You Will Notice That Makai Offers A Few Customized Features. The Original Owner Had A Custom Settee, And Breaker Panel Installed, Which Was More Accommodating Than The Original Layout Of The 40. He Moved The Breaker Panel For Easier Use, And Added A Drop Down TV For Better Viewing. (These Custom Features Can Be Seen In The Photographs)
The Bottom Paint Was Refreshed October 31, 2019, Props Were Tuned To Class 1, Running Gear Coated With Velox. Diver Reports Bottom In Good Condition As Of Publication Of This Listing.
If You Are Seriously Considering A Well Cared For Sabre 40 Sedan, Do Not Hesitate! With The Market As Hot As It Is, This One Will Not Last!
Galati Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Yacht Registry.
At Sabre Yachts our goal has always been to fulfill the dreams and wishes of our boat owners by listening carefully to their requests and blending their ideas into exciting designs. We consider our owners and potential owners to be valued members of the Sabre Design Team. The Sabre 40 is the result of our observation that our clients want to enjoy the same levels of personal luxury and comfort that they have come to expect in their homes and in their automobiles. To that end we have developed a style of sedan, available with or without fly bridge, that permits boaters to operate from the comfort of the yacht's interior or from the openness of an optional fly bridge. Technology is advancing rapidly and our owners have come to expect that if there is a new technology available, we will employ it in our designs. We have dramatically changed the way we build our yachts and the way in which they are propelled. Traditional values such as fine craftsmanship and great looks remain, as our owners have come to expect, but below the surface things are state-of-the-art.In our fiberglass shop we have changed infusion molding. It is greener in the sense that it uses considerably less resin and cleaner in that the emissions levels are much lower. It's lighter because we use less resin and that allows the hull to run faster and use less fuel. Infusion differs from traditional hand lay-up in that all materials are loaded dry into the mold in a stack, the stack is then covered with a plastic bag and resin is infused into the stack. This creates a stronger part with higher glass to resin ratios. With Zeus Pod everything has changed and nothing remains the same. The smaller engines using vectored thrust propel the boat at higher speeds using less fuel. And when maneuvering in tight spaces a joy stick makes child's play of docking.Hull
- Modified Deep “V” Planing hull design, with shallow pod drive
- 16º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships.
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin.
- Bottom, topsides and transom vacuum-infused biaxial E-glass
with Airex C70 foam core.
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.
- Bulkheads vacuum-bagged biaxial E-glass with polypropylene
- Molded E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (IMRON) double boot top.
- Gold recessed cove stripe.
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG gelcoat.
- Vacuum-infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Sliding aft salon door slides starboard to port.
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.
- Top hinged windows in salon aft bulkhead.
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.
- Anchor locker with slam latch.
- Large lazarette locker hatch with gas struts and compression
- Large engine room hatch in main salon with compression latch.
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.
- (6) 12” Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit).
- (1) 10” Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor
rode tie off.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.
- (4) Cast stainless steel hawse pipes in transom and hull sides.
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 35# CQR or
Delta anchor and “lunch hook”.
- Anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.
- Flag staff and socket on taffrail.
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.
- (3) Lewmar Low Profile polished aluminum hatches w/screens.
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.
- Teak toe rails.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow.
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion.
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls.
- One Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels,
vessel data, alarms).
- Triple windshield wipers with washers.
- Ritchie Compass.
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine
room blower and optional equipment.
- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm.
- (2) Stidd N-series single helm seats.
Dual Garmin 7215 MultiFunction Displays
Garmin GHS-10 VHF
Open Array Radar
Additional Vessel ViewPropulsion
- Twin Cummins QSB 5.9l 380hp electronic, fresh water-cooled
- Twin CMD Zeus 3500 pod drives, with integrated steering and
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 190 gal diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.
- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.
- (2) 2” “Diesel” deck fill plates.
NOW SHOWING RESULTS - OF