ROCK ME is a Talaria 44 Flybridge model with a full helm station in the pilothouse with a second remote steering station at the flybridge.
- Flybridge: The flybridge includes a venturi windshield, passenger seating and a helm station with Stidd 500N helm seat.
- Cockpit: Cockpit sole with molded-in nonskid includes a ladder to the flybridge, aft-facing settees, forward-facing seating across the transom, and transom walk-thru access to the swim platform.
- Pilothouse: Gloss varnished teak sole with two Stidd 500N helm seats forward, two L-shaped settees and a varnished teak table aft.
- Interior: Sleeps 5 in her spacious accommodations. Forward, below deck, are a Master Stateroom, Head, Shower, Galley, and Dining Salon. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, white overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak and tulip cabin sole. All lockers have louvered doors.
- Flybridge bimini top (new 2020)
- Six opening portlights and five opening overhead teak trimmed hatches with integrated screens provide a light and airy interior.
- Interior Sunbrella curtains that drop down
- Dimmable cabin lighting throughout provides enhanced ambiance
- Hella fans provide extra air circulation when necessary.
- Reverse-cycle heat/air-conditioning in the interior and pilothouse offers additional cooling and heating comfort.
- Espar diesel heater
- Fusion whole-boat stereo system (new 2020)
- Updated electrical system (new 2020)
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabintop with molded-in nonskid
- Single Light Cream Awlgrip boottop
- Red bottom
DualGuard™ Composite Construction and SCRIMP® resin infusion molding process:
- Hinckley's DualGuard ™ construction of Kevlar®/E-glass hybrid outer skin and Corecell® core and carbon fiber inner skin, infused with vinylester resn using the SCRIMP process.
- Deck is E-glass with balsa and Corecell® core, SCRIMP® with vinylester resin
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength and resistance against impact damage, and thermal insulation.
- Marelon ball-valve type seacocks installed flush with the hull
- Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on solid PVC molding
- Custom ¾” stainless chafe strip across the transom
Swim platform with teak inserts and stainless steel half round with a stainless steel telescoping 3-step swim ladder under swim platform.
- Flybridge with surround coaming and aft stainless steel pulpit
- Pilothouse roof has a custom Hinckley mast (painted to match house) that supports a flag halyard, anchor/steaming light, air horn and aft deck flood light and antennas
- Anchor Locker: Ingenious foredeck locker with hinged gas spring assisted hatch has a custom stainless steel anchor arm that can be pivoted to deck launch position. Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple. The anchor also can be pinned in place or pivoted back into the locker for a clean look.
More Deck Features:
- Tapered varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on the cabin trunk
- Stainless steel handrails mounted on flybridge sides port and starboard and aft end of pilothouse
- (7) Lewmar Ocean aluminum hatches with smoke gray Lexan
- (6) Elliptical trunk cabin opening port lights with removable screens
- Stainless steel chocks and mooring cleats
- Wichard folding padeyes and chafe strips for fender and docklines
- Stainless steel deck scuppers
- Foredeck mounted Zodiac 6-man liferaft with hydrostatic release
Entry to the boat is either from the side or through the transom.
- A centerline transom door with stainless steel clasps opens from the swim platform
- Stainless steel boarding step has a teak tread for either coaming inboard port or starboard
From the cockpit forward is the ladder entry to the flybridge or the step entry to the pilothouse.
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings
- Teak cockpit sole and overboard direct drainage scuppers
- Removable teak boarding deck step for side decks that can be used port or starboard
- Custom coaming mounted courtesy lights and a cockpit step light
- Cockpit speakers mounted under coaming - with zone control
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve near transom door opening
- Cockpit cooler – Insulated and drained “fishbox” in transom
- Fishing rod holders on aft deck sides with drains or covers
- Custom stainless steel arm for holding shore power cord fits in fishing rod holder
Cockpit seating- port and starboard aft-facing settees covered in Ralph Lauren Ocean Front Stripe, Blue/Navy.
Cockpit storage - insulated and drained cooler/fish box locker on the aft deck, cockpit sole hatch to lazarette.
The stainless steel ladder with teak treads leads up to the flybridge area. This ladder can fold up out of the way when not in use or for access to the starboard engine hatch.
The molded three-sided flybridge has sides that curve downward and a molded in nonskid sole
- The coaming has a varnished teak cap
- Aft stainless steel stern pulpit wraps around forward port and starboard
- Forward is a wrap-around tinted venturi windshield
- A custom 4 bow stainless steel bimini with adjustable stainless steel supports (fabric new 2020)
Forward is a molded helm with stainless steel wheel with teak rim, JetStick, engine gauges, controls and remotes, and a built in cup holder. There is also a mounted Danforth Constellation compass.
The Stidd 500N helm seat on an Almond-color powder-coated pedestal is covered in Ivory Ultraleather.
- The powder-coated pedestal has fore/aft manual operation
Built-in passenger seating- Cushioned, molded forward and side L-shaped settee to port. Cushions covered in Sunbrella antique Beige.
- There is storage inside this seat base
- Custom flybridge table made of varnished teak with cupholders
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch Radar & GPS - (2) Raymarine E-125's at helm and (1) E125 at flybridge (2014)
- Raymarine ST6001 Plus Autopilot
- Raytheon data display (2014), 2nd display at Flybridge
- Raymarine solid-state radar
- 2014 ICOM IC424 B VHF radio with remote mic on flybridge
- (2) Ritchie "Constellation" compasses - 2nd at flybridge
- Fusion MS-AV755i head unit with DVD player (new 2020)
- Fusion SG-DA 8 channel amplifier (new 2020)
- Fusion SXV Sirius satellite radio receiver (new 2020)
- Multiple speaker pairs/zones throughout vessel- Sony and Fusion (some new 2020)
- Vizio 24” flat screen TV, inputs from Fusion DVD player and Sea Watch antenna (new 2020)
- Shakespeare 15” Sea Watch over-the-air TV antenna (new 2020)
ROCK ME sleeps 5 in her spacious raised-galley accommodations. Forward, below deck, are a master stateroom, head, shower (separate from the head), galley, and dining salon areas. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with white fabric overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak and tulip cabin sole. All lockers have louvered doors. There is overhead dome and recessed halogen lighting and bulkhead mounted lights.
From the pilothouse companionway is down one step to the galley (to port), and the U-shaped dinette to starboard down another step. The master cabin is forward and finished in satin-varnished cherry, white fabric overheads with cherry battens, and a teak & tulip sole.
- Two large overhead opening hatches add extra light and ventilation to this full-beam area, and two side opening portlights
- Reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning offers additional comfort in all conditions
- Espar diesel heat
Forward is the sink with Grohe chrome faucets with hot and cold pressure water and hand sprayer. The sink has a polyethylene cutting board that fits the larger sink and stores inside the louvered door under the sink. The countertop has a back lip here that protects the cherry laminated bulkhead. Over the sink are two louvered doors to storage space that hinge up. A dome light is under the locker and provides extra light to the sink work area.
Outboard of the sink is a countertop top-opening storage bin. There is also a 2-burner electric cooktop and a microwave/convection oven mounted under the countertop. There is varnished cherry sheathed alcove storage directly outboard. Additionally there are three drawers for silverware, knives, etc.
Aft is the under counter refrigerator and freezer with a front-opening refrigerator door and countertop top-opening lid access to the refrigerator and freezer.
- Black Quratzite countertop
- Kenyon electric 2-burner cook top
- Sharp microwave/convection oven
- Double Sink - Polished stainless steel with Grohe fixtures and sprayer
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water system
- Grunert refrigeration and freezer with cherry face
- Dual 110-volt AC outlet
- AC vent
DINING SALON (starboard)
Custom wrap-around cushioned dining seating comfortably seats six or more. The varnished cherry dining table with padded cover is on a bright finished aluminum pedestal that allows the table drop down to form a double berth. The drop-down position includes a matching cloth covered filler cushion.
Outboard are louvered door cherry lockers, an entertainment center, storage alcove with removable fiddle, and stereo speakers.
- Opening portlight outboard
- AC vent
- Additional lighting is provided by two Frigast stainless steel lamps with dimmers
- Bulkhead mounted 24” TV
Forward of the Main Cabin are the head areas, with the marine head to port and separate private shower area to starboard. Each head has a salon entry door, and the head and vanity has a private door to the forward cabin, while the shower is only accessible through the stateroom. There are opening ports and opening deck hatches in both the head and the shower.
Head to port:
The toilet and vanity area has light cream-colored fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. The bulkheads in the head are satin-varnished cherry.
- Black Quartizite countertop with stainless steel bowl sink, Grohe fixtures, and hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the 35-gallon holding tank. The holding tank empties via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning duct in the head.
- Full-length cherry trimmed mirror is on the inside of the aft door
- Stainless steel towel bar
- Double robe hook
- Hella fan
- Private door to forward cabin and separate door to salon area.
Shower to starboard:
- Separate Shower with Cream gelcoat bulkheads and fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid
- Watertight divided storage/towel locker is outboard, just over the oiled teak shower seat
- Stainless steel towel rack mounted outboard
- Four robe hooks for hanging towels or wet gear
- There is an outlet for the reverse-cycle air conditioning system in the shower
- Private door to forward cabin
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward)
Centerline door opens to a queen berth. Mattress is a 2011 HMC System #4 one-piece mattress (9.5" thick with 3/4" sides/foot).
- Storage is available in (3) storage drawers below bunk and port & starboard outboard storage compartments with lift-up tops
- Hanging lockers are aft port & starboard with louvered doors
- Overhead dome light as well as Frigast lamps mounted on the forward bulkhead
- (2) Hella fans on the forward bulkhead
- Air conditioning duct for either cooling or reverse-cycle heat
- Large centerline overhead hatch and oval opening ports
This stateroom is satin-varnished with cherry sheathing, paneled cherry doors and louvered cherry locker doors. Forward is more storage through double doors to the chain/rope locker.
Separate 12-volt DC starting and accessories systems:
- Two (2) Lifeline GPL-31 12-volt DC batteries – main engine & generator start
- Three (3) Lifeline DF-8D 12-volt DC 225-amp/hr batteries for accessories
- Heavy-duty parallel switch enables emergency start
- Custom Bass 12-volt DC electrical circuit panel, volt and amp meters
- 12-volt 80-amp alternator on stbd engine for start batteries
- 24-volt DC 100-amp alternator on port engine for ships service batteries
- 35-amp alternator on generator for starting battery charging
- 12-volt outlets
120-volt and 240-volt AC systems from shore power and generator:
- Fischer Panda 12-volt Kw Generator (1105 hrs – 8/2020) rated for 240-volt AC, 60-Hz
- Custom Bass 120-volt AC electrical circuit panel
- 50-amp shore power inlet, 110/220-volts AC
- 50-amp shore power cord
- Victron 3000w 24v sine wave inverter/charger (new 2020)
- Victron Orion 70amp 24v-12v step down converter, replaces Vanner (new 2020)
- Victron Energy Control GX controller
- Glendinning Cablemaster cord reel system
- 30-amp charger – start batteries
- Copper electrical bonding system.
- 110-volt GFI protected circuits in galley, head engine room and pilothouse.
The Generator is sound shield mounted and is complete with DC voltmeter, water temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, hour meter, control switch, shutdown bypass switch and pre-heat.
In 2020, Horton Marine Services updated and upgraded the electrical system with a new Victron inverter/charger, Victron 24v-12v step-down converter which replaces the antiquated Vanner system, and a Victron monitoring system.