Contact a Galati Yacht Sales Professional Specialist For More Information On this Yacht
BIG DECISION Has Been Maintained Without Regard To Cost By Her Owner. She Is Loaded With Custom Features And Creature Comforts Which Provide A Luxurious Platform For Cruising, And A Shoal Draft For Gunkholing. This Talaria 55 Motoryacht, Was Built As “THUNDER” For A Knowledgeable And Experienced Owner Who Was Very Involved In The Build, As Is Evident In Countless Details That Have Made This A Truly Unique Boat. With Her Twin 1300-hp MAN Diesel Engines, The Hamilton Waterjets, And The Hinckley JetStick, The Boat Has Great Performance And Reliability, And Is Easily Handled By One Or Two.
Galati Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Worth Avenue Yachts Newport RI.
BIG DECISION has been maintained without regard to cost by her owner. She is loaded with custom features and creature comforts which provide a luxurious platform for cruising, and a shoal draft for gunkholing. This Talaria 55 Motoryacht, was built as “THUNDER” for a knowledgeable and experienced owner who was very involved in the build, as is evident in countless details that have made this a truly unique boat. With her twin 1300-hp MAN diesel engines, the Hamilton Waterjets, and the Hinckley JetStick, the boat has great performance and reliability, and is easily handled by one or two.
A 17'9" beam allows for spacious accommodations including a large cockpit, comfortable pilothouse area, open galley, a guest cabin with twin berths, and two heads with stall showers, washer/dryer, and a luxurious master suite with queen-sized center-line bunk.
This interior is reminiscent of a bygone era of boating. The interior is finished in high gloss varnished cherry with custom detailing, a bright varnished teak and tulipwood cabin sole, and an overhead of painted v-groove paneling and custom detailed exposed deck beams. All closets are lined in planked cedar. The overheads are cream lacquer wood with high-gloss cherry accents reminding us of the old Hinckley sailing yachts. Four highly polished stainless dorades, eight opening screened portlights and nine opening overhead hatches provide great light and natural ventilation, augmented by reverse cycle air conditioning.
Raised panel doors are cherry, and cabin liners are cherry-sheathed. The large overhead hatches have Ocean Air screens and shades. Opening ports with screens custom faux painted to match cherry interior provide additional natural ventilation, augmented by reverse cycle air conditioning. Custom cabin lighting throughout include halogen swivel lights and Cantalupi Cupid satin-nickel bulkhead lamps with rheostat controls. All interior electrical outlets and light switches have cherry covers. Interior cushions are covered in Spinneybeck Blue leather with antler buttons. Countertops throughout are custom including Honey Onyx stone and padded leather with cherry handrail bases in the master stateroom.Pilothouse
Entry to pilothouse from the cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, green tinted tempered glass doors. These custom doors have six panels (each side has one fixed plus two sliding, port and starboard), allowing several opening positions up to 64 inches wide, which makes the interior feel open and airy. All fixed windows are laminated safety glass, and the three forward fixed windows have windshield wipers & washers. There is an opening side window to starboard. The side windows have an electric Ocean Air Skysol roman-style blind system, and the forward windows have outside snap on / off white Textiline fabric shade covers. The pilothouse aft door has roman-style shades. Overhead lighting is provided by halogen lamps on dimmer circuits, and additional lighting is provided by wall-mounted lamps.
A large U-shaped dinette to starboard surrounds a varnished cherry table with custom compass inlay, which can be lowered to convert to a double berth. To starboard are two custom Thomas Moser cherry chairs on either side of the custom cherry cabinet which holds the entertainment center, and a Samsung television with HDTV satellite receiver is concealed in a cabinet outboard and raised by an electric lift. The Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio system has an XM radio receiver. A bar area with storage below is all the way forward to port, and a built-in chart drawer is in the top.
The helm is forward and to starboard, with twin adjustable helm seats. Navigation electronics are installed for ease of use and service. A companionway forward leads below decks to the galley and staterooms.
The pilothouse is finished with gloss-varnished cherry including dash and bar area and the varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole has removable protective covers. Upholstery is tufted Spinneybeck Blue dark leather with custom sliced antler buttons. The twin Moser cherry chairs are upholstered in matching Spinneybeck Blue leather, and there are padded Spinneybeck Blue leather tops on the helm pod, entertainment center and bar top.Galley
Down several steps from the pilothouse, the U-shaped galley is to port. This area is open above to the pilothouse and receives additional light and ventilation from the opening port and overhead hatch. There is ample storage for crockery, supplies and provisioning in drawers and lockers.
The double stainless steel sink is aft facing, and outboard of it is a countertop accessed storage bin. The countertop has a back lip that protects the cherry bulkhead. Over the sink is a fitted rack for dish storage. The microwave/convection oven is flush-mounted over the sinks. Below the sink is a storage space accessed through two hinged doors.
Outboard is a glass two burner electric cooktop with storage drawers under and storage lockers outboard, and the twin drawer refrigeration/freezer system with cherry joinery. There is additional counter space with storage below and over, and a
door to access the trash can and recycle bin.
• Corian Magna Sahara counter top with custom edge details.
• Force 10 2-burner electric cook top (2019)
• Stainless steel microwave/convection oven - flush mounted above sink (2019)
• Trash compactor
• Double polished stainless steel under mounted sink with Grohe single-lever fixture with sprayer
• Instant hot water spigot
• (2) Sub Zero 700TCI Refrigeration and Freezer/ice maker drawers with cherry-faces
• 110 volt AC icemaker in a locker below the companion helm seat
• Additional 110-VAC outlets are positioned for coffee maker and toaster
• Over-counter lighting with dimmer
• Storage for dinner service for 8
• Inboard locker in galley has adjustable shelves, pass-through doors on pilothouse side
• Keurig Coffee/Latte/Cappuccino machine
The full width master stateroom all the way forward is quite luxurious. Entered from the companionway through a solid cherry door, this stateroom has a centerline forward-facing queen berth with storage drawers below. A desk is centered on the forward bulkhead, and dressers with Honey Onyx stone countertops are port and starboard of it. A TV is bulkhead mounted over the desk and facing the bed. A custom Thomas Moser desk chair and the padded headboard are covered in tufted Spinneybeck Blue leather. Moving aft there is cedar lined hanging lockers port and starboard, and a small settee to port by the bath door.
• Ample storage in lockers and drawers port and starboard.
• Custom finished Navy-style portlights.
• Overhead lighting on dimmer circuit.
• Bulkhead mounted lighting forward and aft.
• Custom halogen swivel art lighting over the owner's bunk to illuminate anything mounted on bulkhead.
• Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents
• Samsung TV/monitor with HDTV satellite TV receiver, and stereo speakers.
• Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio system with XM satellite radio receiver.
• Queen innerspring mattress
• Thomas Moser cherry chair with Spinney Blue leather cushion slides under vanity/desk for storage.
• Desk top/vanity has a custom leather inset and lifts up, and has mirror on back side.
• Surround audio system and separate satellite radio receiver.
Across from the galley to starboard, the guest cabin is entered through a pocket-style door. This cabin has two twin berths, one forward and one aft, covered with Sunbrella covers. There is drawer storage under the berths and a hanging locker and dresser between. Locker storage is at the head of each berth and also at the foot of the forward berth.
• 110 volt outlet.
• Overhead lighting on dimmer.
• Bulkhead mounted lighting.
• Reverse cycle AC/heat vent.
• Honey Onyx stone dresser top.
• Two flush-mounted speakers.
The guest bath is forward of the galley to port and is finished in varnished cherry including lockers and mirror trim and has with a light cream gelcoat molded sole for easy cleaning.
• Corian Magna Sahara countertops with undermounted stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture.
• Sealand VacuFlush marine toilet plumbed directly to 100-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the macerator pump.
• Stall shower with Lucite doors, with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve.
• Opening portlight.
• Overhead lighting has dimmer except for shower.
• Storage areas are outboard and under sink.
• Custom towel racks.
To starboard, forward of guest cabin, is a large storage area with double cherry doors. This area serves as a utility center, and houses the Miele front-loading washer and dryer, plumbed to the sump tank. Also built-in here is the Seavac central vacuum system, a hanging locker, and additional storage compartments.Electronics and Navigation
The helm is forward to starboard in the pilothouse, and has and has two Stidd helm seats covered in Spinneybeck Blue leather. The Helm seats are electrically powered to move up and down as well as forward and aft. The dash is satin-varnished cherry and the outboard shelf has Blue leather pod surfaces where electronics are mounted. This area also has the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, navigational instruments, engine gauges, and a teak-rimmed steering wheel. The foot well at helm station is 5" higher than pilothouse sole for improved visibility.
• "JetStick" system - includes manual override back-up.
• Simrad AP70 Autopilot
• (2) Raymarine E120 12" GPS/Chartplotter/Radar multi-function color displays
• Raymarine Raystar 120 WASS DGPS antenna.
• Raymarine ST290 data instrument pack with 5.5" multi-function display and remote keypad.
• Raymarine rudder angle display.
• Speed, Depth, and Wind displays.
• ICOM IC-M602 VHF Radio
• Ritchie® Globemaster compass.
• PowerMax DA 4000SBR cell phone power amplifier/wireless repeater - with masthead antenna.
• 110-VAC outlet.
• Varnished cherry mug racks are port and starboard of the helm.
• Varnished cherry binocular box.
NOW SHOWING RESULTS - OF