Prickly Pear is a beautiful late model example of Hinckley’s classic picnic boat. Having been meticulously maintained by her current owner, she features modern electronics, fresh Flag Blue paint as well as the more desirable 440Hp Yanmar diesel engine. Her shallow draft and simple Jetstick operation will take you to places few boats of her size can venture. Built to entertain, this timeless classic will turn heads in every port she visits.
Construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass, with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabinhouse and Deck
- Double Cream Bootstripe
- Black Micron Bottom Paint
Heavy duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel brackets and half round rub rail
- Stainless Steel telescoping swim ladder stores below swim platform
- The cockpit coaming and coaming cap are varnished teak
- The aft settee cushions are upholstered in Navy fabric with double pinstripe
- Engine box is insulated with lead lined foam and double gaskets and is hinged with an electric lift
- Engine box has Almond colored cushion that matches deck color
- Engine box has varnished teak drink/picnic table with four drink holders
- Removable engine box seat back with cushion provides two sitting positions and stores under side deck to starboard
- Stowage is available in cockpit lockers with varnished teak louvered doors
- Three flush cockpit sole hatches
- Two cockpit scuppers
- Teak side deck step
- Stainless Steel boarding ladder with teak treads mounts to either port or starboard coaming
- Hinckley four bow bimini with storage boot. Fabric is Diklon Natural
- Ivory cockpit cover attaches to pilothouse top and covers to transom
- Insulated locker on transom
The pilothouse features the “Hinckley Wood Package” with varnished teak dash, instrument pod, and pilothouse sides:
- Four (4) pilothouse windows, (2) sliding side windows and two fixed forward windows with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- The overhead in the pilothouse is insulated for sound attenuation
- Two acrylic opening hatches with screens in pilothouse top
- There is a teak locking companionway door with removable hinged top
- A varnished teak handrail is on the aft end of the pilothouse.
- Illumination by (2) low voltage halogen lights in pilothouse overhead
- Hella fans in pilothouse, port and starboard outboard
- Varnished handrails, aft port and starboard on underside of pilothouse
- Interior window covers
- Air conditioning outlet vent at helm
Starboard, the Helm Station:
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- 14” Stainless Steel steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley Jetstick control system
- Engine gauges
- Top opening locker outboard with chart storage
- 12 volt outlet in chart pocket
- Remote control for spotlight
- Backup bucket control in chart locker
To Port in Pilothouse:
- A forward and aft facing seat for two
- Upholstered in Navy fabric with double pinstripe
- Cup-holder/drink holder forward of seat
- Stainless steel footrest
A 3-piece Ivory drop curtain with windows provides a fully enclosed pilothouse. There are also Ivory interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
Helm Electronics/Nav Equipment:
- Garmin Autopilot
- Garmin 2512 Chart Plotter (touch screen)
- Garmin GMI 10 Multi Function Display
- Garmin radar
- Standard Horizon VHF radio
- Alpine FM/CD (CDA-789Q) with 6 CD changer, and 6 Alpine STM666 speakers: (2) on forward bulkhead in cabin, (2) in pilothouse, and (2) in aft cockpit.
Sleeps two comfortably forward in V-berth. Head with Vacu-Flush system and hand held shower. Galley includes cold plate box, sink and (2) burner propane stove. Cabin air-conditioning, with dockside service.
INTERIOR BELOW: The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing.
- The cabin sole is varnished teak & holly.
- There are four opening ports below (including head and galley) and all opening ports have removable screens.
- Five Frigast stainless steel 12 volt lamps
Forward most is a V-BERTH:
- V-berth adapter cushion to form a double berth
- Cushions upholstered in Brindisisi fabric
- There is storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop front door to port and in the forepeak behind a louvered cherry door
- There is a hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths
- Two Hella fans and two stereo speakers are mounted to port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
Next aft to starboard is the HEAD:
- Solid cherry privacy door
- Varnished cherry countertop with an under mounted sink.
- The Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- There is a Vacu-flush marine head
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- There is a 110 volt outlet
- Hella 12V fan
- Forced ventilation
- Air-conditioning vent
The GALLEY is to port:
- Antique White Formica countertop with Stainless Steel sink and Grohe faucet with hot and cold pressure water.
- The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a wood cover/cutting board
- The Grunert 12-Volt refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink in an insulated box and is accessed by a lift up top
- Additional storage is provided under the galley sink and there is a pullout trash bin
- Opening window port with screen
- Force 10 two-burner stove w/remote propane shut-off and wood cover board
- 110-volt outlet
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Frigast Lamp
- Step light in galley
- Inverter monitor panel
- 12-Volt propane safety shut-off switch panel
Low resistance, heavy copper and zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540 amps
- Heart Freedom 10 inverter
- 80 amp alternator on engine
- (4) Heavy duty battery switches with parallel capabilities
110-volt 30 amp AC electrical system:
- AC sub-panel
- Heart Freedom 10 Inverter/battery charger (as above in 12 Volt DC system)
- 110 volt/30 amp shore power inlet, and shore power cord
2002 Yanmar 6YLA-STP 440-HP diesel engine with Hamilton 291 Jet Drive, ZF220 transmission:
- Hinckley Jet Stick® Gen2 control system
- Sidepower 7” bow thruster
- Racor fuel filter
- Tachometer w/ engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High engine temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- “Water drop” muffler
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps w/float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump with handle in cockpit
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- Aluminum 25-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- In-line 12-volt shower sump pump
- Engine room sound insulation
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater