150' Picchiotti Motor Yacht GOLDEN COMPASS is designed to create both elegant gathering places and spacious party venues. A yacht with no limits, she has true world-cruising credentials having already taken her previous owners to remote and exciting destinations. GOLDEN COMPASS has benefited from significant upgrades that have totally rejuvenated all mechanical and technical areas, including navigation, entertainment equipment and interior fit and finish.
Her six large en suite staterooms, including two master staterooms, accommodate large parties of up to 12 guests plus 2 guest service personnel making her a great charter choice. Having several years of lucrative charters behind her, GOLDEN COMPASS offers the new owner a successful charter business.
Notable Upgrades - Summer 2016
- Totally rebuilt or replaced mechanical systems
- Upgraded navigation equipment
- New paint and varnish skylounge deck
- Complete refurbishment of all teak deck surfaces including new caulking
Engine room updates to include:
- Main generator sound shields
- Exhaust system
- Deck plates (sandblasted and powder coated)
- All overheads insulation upgrades and resurfaced panels
- Compete fire system recertification
Entire HVAC system serviced to include:
- New valves, insulation, descaling, 7 new air handlers, all engine room pumps replaced or overhauled.
- New galley cabinets, all new wall services, ceiling panels with LED lighting
- Windlass overhauled, sandblasted and painted
- All bilges exposed, all surfaces reconditioned, primed and painted with epoxy coating
- All bilge pipework and cabin overhead pipes requiring insulation were pressure tested, reconditioned and reinsulated
Guest are immediately drawn to the natural beauty of the main salon. The ornate Italian marquetry inlay of the large custom bar, entertainment center, and game table are striking features along with the coordinating custom granite countertops, tables, custom art work, and compass medallion entry. This area features the bar with 4 large armed chairs, a large couch, a round reversible (game/formal) table with 4 large arm chairs, a home theater system including all regions 50" pop up TV, DVDs, SAT receivers, iPod dock, Wii, and access to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. Aft and to port is the staircase leading down to the lower guest foyer, around which four large en suite guest cabins are located.
Aft of the main salon are wide double doors which lead to the exterior aft deck, and located towards forward end is the elegant formal dining room, containing a large inlaid marquetry table with 12 chairs, multiple storage cabinets for china and silverware, and a serving door into the pantry and galley. Music from multiple sources can be played in either room.
The multipurpose sky lounge is accessed from the boat deck or through the bridge area. It is equipped with two extra deep couches, perfect for watching movies on the 60" flat screen TV connected to a quality home theater system. The system includes DVD, iPod dock, SAT receiver, Xbox, and access to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. Guests have access to a desktop computer desk that connects to both its own large touch screen and it share video on to the 60" TV.
There is also a bar and large day head, and forward of the lounge is a large wine cellar.
The on deck master cabin is located at the forward end of the main deck. It is comfortably furnished with an oversized TempurPedic king bed, an Italian leather couch and Italian leather recliner, an ornate dresser with veneer inlay, a large 42" Plasma TV with access to a DVD player, iPod dock, and central movie, music, and photo distribution system.
This stateroom has ample closet and storage space, large bathroom and some of the best views of the horizon.
In the second master cabin, the full beam of the ship is really evident. This room has an oversized dual remote controlled adjustable king bed, two armchairs and a vanity table with veneer inlay. At the foot of the bed, an all regions 42" flat screen TV drops down from the ceiling. This is connected to a DVD player, SAT TV receiver, iPod dock, and has access to the central movie, music, photo distribution system. His & hers bathrooms are located forward of the bed, one with a large bathtub and shower and the other with a separate enclosed shower. Both have toilets and vanity sinks. This cabin has four wardrobes and two built-in wall dressers. All surfaces covered with exotic stone.
- 2x Queen Staterooms with en suite bathrooms
- 2x Queen/Twin Staterooms with en suite bathrooms
The 4 guest cabins are located aft of the main salon on the lower accommodation deck and are around a central foyer which contains linen storage. The 2 aft cabins have queen beds and the 2 forward cabins each have a queen bed and a single bed, perfect for guests with small children. These are large cabins all have a private bathroom with tub, shower, exotic stone surfaces, toilet and vanity sinks. Each room is equipped with all regions flat screen TVs, DVD players, SAT receivers, iPod docks, and access to the central movie, music, photo distribution system.
The aft deck area may be fully enclosed, or completely open to the fresh air of a peaceful anchorage. This dining area can be casual or formal and is beautifully furnished with a large teak round table and 8 upholstered teak dining chairs. In addition, there are 4 arm chairs, a curved couch and side tables for cocktails. A 37" flat screen TV connected to SAT TV, and to the central movie, music, and photo distribution system, is also available on this deck.
There is a staircase that ascends to the boat deck from the port side.
The boat deck is accessed from either the Sky Lounge or from the aft deck stairs. On this enormous deck there is large teak inlaid tabled with 10 comfortable cushioned seats for outside dining. Normal running configuration has one tender on this deck stored crosswise towards the aft, opening up this deck for sunbathing and outdoor dining. The other tender and jet skis are stored on the newly configured foredeck. With the aft tender launched, this expansive deck really comes to life. The unobstructed view is perfect for entertaining or sunbathing. At night guest enjoy outstanding panoramas while dining, and have the perfect dance floor for after dinner cocktails.
The top deck is accessed by a staircase from the upper portside deck and encompasses the complete upper level of GOLDEN COMPASS. Forward on this deck is a Jacuzzi tub, large sun pads, seating areas, a full service bar, bar seating, a full back bar (both covered in exotic stone) with ice maker and refrigerator, a large stainless BBQ, and 4 chaise lounge chairs. Aft on this deck there is an expansive sun bathing pad. Above the bar is a water proof 42" flat screen TV with access to DVD player, iPod dock, and the central movie, music, and photo distribution system. This quality entertainment and sound system has prompted evening guests to turn this area from a sunning area into another dance floor with unobstructed ocean views.
The galley is well equipped with commercial grade equipment, robust stone surfaces, and is suitable for high capacity catering. There are 2 doors to the side decks for crew entrance and the loading of supplies so as not to interrupt guests. A staircase from the forward end of the galley leads down to the crew cabins and crew mess.
Main Galley Equipment:
- 1x Garland 6-burner, deep fryer, Salamander and Grill
- 2x Garland ovens
- 1x Haier small fridge (crew mess)
- Toaster, coffee maker
Additional galley equipment:
- Bread maker, ice cream maker, Mandolin slicer, Kitchen Aid mixer with attachments for pasta, etc., waffle maker
- 3x Nespresso coffee machines
- 2x Vitamix blenders
- 2x Miele washer and dryers
The pilothouse is carpeted and contains a comfortable helm chair, settee, chart table and world class navigation/radio equipment.
The spacious captain's cabin includes a double bed, desk, large bathroom, and shower is directly behind the wheelhouse on the port side.
The large ship's office, equipped with computer and worldwide communication equipment is directly behind the wheelhouse along the starboard side. Through the ship's office is a passageway which leads to the sky lounge, passing the wine cellar on the starboard side and a large walk-in refrigerator/freezer on the port side.
- 1x captain's cabin with en suite bathroom
- 1x 4 berth cabin with en suite bathroom
- 1x 2 berth cabin with en suite bathroom
- 2x 2 berth cabins with shared bathroom
- 1 Furuno Inmarsat SatC
- 1x F77 Nera, Anritsu RSS402A
- 1 HP 1040 fax connected to F77
-1x Airmar - networked in radio room and bridge
- 1x Furuno F15001 Weather Station
- Furuno NX500 Navtex receiver
- 2x Nobeltec Max Pro with most all world charts
- 415 Furuno FA-150
- KVH M9 Global Satellite TV wired to each room
- All region Plasma or LCD TV's to accommodate global travel
- All region Pioneer DVD players for global travel
- Sat Receivers for all TV's, covering Europe, Caribbean & U.S.
- Advanced ships network providing access to the internet through wireless access points located throughout the boat.
- KVH V7 Their latest global high speed satellite internet system which also provides 2 VOIP lines for international calling.
- Microsoft XBox
- 2x Caterpillar 3306; 135 kW each, both have 80 hours (port & starboard top end rebuild 2013, both overhauled to technician recommendations in 2014)
- Ocean Breeze 40 kW Load Bank
Generator Fuel Consumption:
- 4 gallons/hour
- 220V, 3 phase, 200 amps, 60Hz
- ASEA model AC90V shore power converter with seamless transfer switch
- All batteries replaced June 2016
Main engine starting:
- 2x main engine 24v, each bank consists of 4 gel batteries
- 2x generator start banks, each with 2 gel batteries
- 2 sets batteries to separately power emergency navigation and communication
- Micro-Commander with Glendenning synchronizer
Fuel separator & filtration:
- Alfa Laval - rebuilt in 2014
- 1x Headhunter Royal Flush sewage treatment system
Fresh water system:
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Light Corporation model 550B potable water system ultraviolet light sterilization unit (new 2013)
- 3x Headhunter Mach 5 pumps (new 2013)
- 2x Filtration Concepts Inc. model D1626E-3 watermakers
- Producing a total of 6,056 liters (1,600 gallons/day each, rebuilt 2009)
Bilge water filtration:
- Village Marine Inc. OWS 2.2
Tank Monitoring System:
- Headhunter LED light tank level indicating panel for fuel and storage tanks, recalibrated and serviced 2014 (all new display units 2013)
- Headhunter model YS004 LED light level indicator for freshwater tanks
- 2x Hart Systems Inc. tank tender level indicator for all fuel and freshwater tanks
- Headhunter LED light level indicator for gray and black water tank levels
- 8x CCTV cameras of which 3 are pan/zoom with split screen displays on bridge, crew mess with a video recorder with 8-channel H.264 TB Real Time CCTV Security DVR
- 8x CCTV cameras of which 3 are pan/zoom with split screen displays on bridge
- 1x 12" monitor on the bridge
- 1x 10" monitor in the crew mess
Fire Fighting Equipment:
Fire control system:
- Honeywell "Notifier" system - smoke and heat detector alarm system with sensors throughout the yacht
- 6x high water bilge alarm monitoring system with horn
- 3x Seawater firefighting stations
- 1x Diesel Yanmar 3.3kW model L48V6MF1AA engine attached to Model 2P5XYR 4.7 hp pump used for portable high pressure emergency fire pump
- 1x 79.4-kg Halon 1301 fixed fire suppression system
- Engine room flooding system and 2x 39.7-kg bottles activated with a remote pull system
- 1x fixed CO2 galley hood flooding system
- 2x firefighting suits with breathing apparatus
- 38x fire extinguishers
- 1 FM 200 Automatic extinguisher located in the Bosun locker
- Honeywell "Notifier" system - smoke and heat detector alarm system with sensors throughout the yacht
- 6x high water bilge alarm monitoring system with horn
- 2x 20-man Viking rafts with hydrostatic release
- 2x Viking 4-person life rafts with hydrostatic release
- 6x life rings (2 with strobe lights and 2 with strobe light and smoke signal)
- SOLAS approved marine medical equipment CAT "A"
- 2x ICOM, IC-GM1500 Emergency VHF's
- 20 Immersion suits
- 20 Thermal aids covers
- Generators have been rebuilt and overhauled
- Both generator sound boxes were totally rebuilt
- Port engine was stripped to the block and totally rebuilt
- All associated auxiliary equipment was also stripped, serviced, and repainted.
- The wet exhaust system on both main engines has been completely replaced with schedule 40 stainless steel, including the mixing units.
- The main engine transmissions were serviced and transmission heat exchangers were removed and rebuilt.
- All water maker membranes were replaced along with all associated high pressure fittings. New high pressure pumps were installed, and electrical and flush components replaced.
- The AC system was overhauled with major pumps removed and rebuilt. Manifold and chillers were flushed, regassed and serviced. Fresh air makeup unit was also rebuilt.
- Galley walk in refrigeration, and freezer units were rebuilt, chillers/compressors rebuilt or replaced.
- Chillers and evaporators were replaced/rebuilt, and repairs/updates were made to the raw water cooling system.
- The 3 davits were serviced and overhauled with hydraulic rams rebuilt, and hydraulic pump and gear ends replaced. All 3 were repainted from top to bottom.
- The windlass was serviced, and all wiring replaced.
- In the engineering department, the fresh water system has had a major upgrade with new pumps, manifold and plumbing.
- All of the water and treatment tanks have been inspected cleaned and resurfaced where necessary.
- The black water system has undergone extensive repairs and maintenance.
- The stabilizer system has been stripped down and rebuilt.
- The load bank, oily water separator, fuel separator, and fire and bilge pumps and associated plumbing and valves have all been serviced
- The air makeup unit has also been serviced as needed.
- In general, there have been many replacements of pipe work, plumbing, fuel lines, shut off valves and associated fittings throughout the yacht.The air handlers have been serviced, and the A/C ducting cleaned and sanitized.
- New ASEA model AC90V Shore Power Converter and a ASEA Seamless Transfer Switch.
- New Ocean Breeze 40KW Load Bank.
- New shafts
- Bow thruster was rebuilt
- An automated Sea Water Dosing Station was installed to eliminate sea growth in seawater piping.
- All heads were completely rebuilt.
- Fuel tanks cleaned.
- Alfa Laval fuel polishing system rebuilt.
- The sun deck, new sun pad, and hot tub configuration were added. In addition, a bar, back bar, Sunbright TV, and large full beam sunpad located aft were added.
- The yacht has been hauled out and the hull ground back and re primed and top coated with 2 coats of Jotun TBT free Antifoul system.
- All lower teak decks, swim step, swim deck stairs, and gangway teak were replaced.
- New Caribbean Direct TV DVR boxes were installed to complete compatibility with the 3 major satellite TV regions.
- Media server movies were updated to latest releases.
- UPS batteries were replaced.
- All new audio/video electronics, iPod docks throughout, and a centralized Movie/Music/Photo storage system.
In addition, a wireless internet was installed resulting in a worldwide audio, video, voice, and data capabilities.
- The AIS system was replaced with a new Furuno FA150.
- New hardware and aerials were installed, including redundant GPS aerial.
- A new GPS Furuno GP320B was installed.
- A new Nobeltec plotter computer has been installed along with the latest software, and charts.
- A complete redundant Nobeltec back up plotter unit also installed.
- Bridge management computers were replaced new with Windows 8 computers including new touch screen compatibility.
- Main magnetic gyro compass was serviced and swung to updated deviation card.
- Both depth sounder transducers have been replaced new with new fairing boards.
- In addition to the Air Mar weather station, a Furuno FI5001 Weather station was added.
- New NavimeteoSat with bidirectional satellite transponder was installed. This tracks and broadcasts position by satellite and provides weather reports and weather warnings.
A complete exclusion list will be provided pursuant to a purchase and sale agreement.